Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lydia Deetz Poncho

For this project, my customer wanted me to make the poncho that Lydia Deetz wears in the animated "Beetlejuice." 


My thought? Huzzah, a not insanely complicated costume! Which was good, because I totally got overbooked for Halloween. Anyhow, I cut out two red poncho pieces, with the back slightly longer than the front...


... and used black ribbon to create the spider-web pattern. It was actually not quite as difficult as I expected, considering that it's hard to sew ribbon in a curve and the satin I was using had more stretch than I'd anticipated when buying it.


Once I got the lining in, though, it looked pretty snazzy.


Best part? My customer adored it. I cannot tell you  how much I love happy customers... pretty much the best things ever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome job on the Lydia poncho! If I ask you to make me one, how much would would it cost (if you don't mind me asking)?